Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rob Portman: Green Candidate

Rob Portman: Green Candidate: Aude Sapere



Frankly, I’m not a big fan of Rob Portman. Actually to be fair up front I’m not voting for him and find him to be firmly entrenched in the Washington City establishment.

But to the point: I caught a glimpse of Portman’s campaign logo and noticed it didn’t look republican, but “green.” With a quick keystroke in the search engine, I was off to his website and sure enough, it looks as if a green peace supporter designed his website. There’s nothing wrong with the site, it looks nice enough, but it doesn’t look “republican.”

I have learned over time not to dismiss logos. Logos and designs impart a lot about the package. When Obama decided he was going to run for president, the first thing his staff did was to brand the campaign with a logo, which I think we are all familiar with today. This was corporate advertising at its best and it defined Obama from that day forward.

Now take a look at Portman’s; what do you see? I see softness, I see “feel good.” I see the color that has wrapped itself in climate change, carbon trading, Al Gore, UN taxes, globalism, and the power elites. But I certainly don’t see republicanism.

Again logos tell you a lot about the package, the person. (I wonder what you can make of my gnome picture on top of this page?) But what I see in Portman’s makes me uneasy; it makes me want to run for the hills and get ready for more government, for more intrusion in my life, for what may be the next r3volution.


Comment: As an Ohioan, who will have to decide between Portman and the democrat challenger also, I find it difficult at best to vote for the man that ran Bush's budget office and doubled the size of the budget from 2006 to 2008, and whom we can assume has clear ties with Paulson, Bernanke, and Geithner. Sure enough, Portman has special interest tattooed across his forehead.

But would he be the choice of the Ohio General Assembly if the 17th Amendment was never enacted...most likely not. And if it wasn't enacted we wouldn't have to worry about special interest collusion like we have with the banking industry...let's repeal the 17th and reduce the size of Washington!

No comments: