Saturday, August 15, 2009

A 'Public Option' I Can Support

In the spirit of compromise, I offer my version of the 'public option' demanded by liberals:


1. Any person in the United States, whether a citizen or not, is free to put forward his or her own money, in conjunction with any other individual or group of individuals, to finance a health care plan for any other person in the United States to purchase so long as both parties freely choose to do so.

2. In accordance with the 13th Amendment, no individual in the United States, whether a citizen or not, will be forced to contribute of their labor involuntarily except as a punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted.


Since most Americans would now prefer no bill to the options currently on the table, I think this is a very magnanimous approach.

1 comment:

commoncents said...

Great post! I really like your blog!!
COMMON CENTS
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com